Thursday, February 11, 2010

I'm Losing It!

And I don't mean in a mental breakdown sort of way. I've actually lost a few pounds! Not as many as I want, but the pace has picked up. In a previous post I mentioned that I hoped to be able to greet my hubs with an awesome new figure when I see him again. So I've been working at it, trying very hard to keep this promise that I made to myself.

I had to buy new jeans because mine got too big. They were really saggy in all the wrong places (not in the cute "boyfriend jean" sort of way, but in the "I swear my butt isn't half way to my kneecaps" sort of way). I've been eating healthier and been as active as I can be with all the crazy weather we've been experiencing.

I really want to do this for myself. Also, I want to do this for my husband. He loves me the way I am, but part of me wants to see him again and have it be completely obvious that I've been working hard while we've been apart just like he has.

My mom is being great about it and she says that right before I go to see him (end of May-ish) she'll take me on a shopping spree! I almost let out a woo-hoo..... almost...... if I were the woo-hoo sort of girl I totally would have let one rip. And my Dad is liking it too because ever since the kids and I moved in he has lost weight (now that I'm here I cook healthy food for him and he eats out a lot less during the day).

I have this dress picked out in my head that I would love to be able to greet him in. I'm considering digging through our storage unit to find my sewing machine and making it myself. Heck, my degree in costume design has to be good for something ;)

-His HH6

No comments:

Post a Comment