Sunday, February 7, 2010

YAY!

I know in my last post I said I would wait until tomorrow to write a new post but I had to share. The Hubs got to call me today! Woohoo!

It was so nice to speak to him. I guess he was one of a handful of guys that got to watch the Superbowl then call their families today. After we spoke he used his last moment clutching his much adored i-Phone to send me the following photo:



It's funny that somehow even though he has been relegated to only consuming military chow he actually looks like he's gained weight. He looks just adorable :)

So, I have to admit something about my hubby. For as smart as he is, geography is not his strongest subject. He can talk on almost any subject with ease, but ask him about the location of a particular state, country or region and he falters.

In walks my mini nightmare. As you may or may not know, when a soldier arrives in Reception they are asked to fill in a "wish-list" of places they would like to be stationed. Since we knew this would be happening and we knew there was a good chance he would be going Airborne we wanted to be sure to put places on the wishlist that had airborne units. Knowing my husbands short-comings in the geography department I spent the months leading up to his departure naming the locations he should put on his wishlist. I named them over and over, spoke of them almost daily and hoped that it would sink in.

So imagine my surprise when the letter he wrote me said that he requested as follows:
*Europe (specifically Germany) - Perfect! That's the first choice we are hoping for. Good boy!
*North Carolina (Ft. Bragg) - that was actually one of my last choices. Hmmmm. We could have a problem, but at least they have Airborne there.
*Greenland - I'm sorry? What?! That was even hard to type, let alone wrap my head around. What in H-E-double hockey sticks was he thinking?! Even if we had been interested in that part of the world, Greenland is not the green one! Iceland is the green one, Greenland is the icey one! If you get stationed in Greenland we aren't allowed to go with you! Geez Louise man!

When I mentioned this to him he was very apologetic and actually got a little panicky. This stint in Missouri is the first time the man has spent more than a week in a snowy place..... ever. Now there is a chance he could be stationed in the Arctic Circle.

Dun-dun-dun! Things..... Just..... Got...... Interesting!

-His HH6

No comments:

Post a Comment